Give Your Home The Best Chance To Sell Quickly
When you’re looking to sell your home, what you want is to sell fast and bring top dollar. So, how can you make that happen?
It’s thorough preparation and professional sprucing up that will turn your house into an irresistible and marketable home.
We have created this checklist to help you prepare your property for a sale:
Curb Appeal: Exterior Home Preparation
To make the best possible first impression, make sure the condition of your home’s exterior speaks to your home’s health and appeal.
- Mend and paint fences. Make sure to clear and wash the area in front of your curb and driveway.
- Repair cracks in the driveway and sidewalks. Wash the area and remove any excessive stains.
- Mow and edge your lawn often until your home is sold. Revive your lawn: cut down the overgrown shrubbery, and plant some seasonal flowers.
- Paint or touch up doors, window frames, fascia, etc.
- Replace missing or broken shutters.
- Repair any visible broken shingles or tiles on the roof.
- Repair or replace gutters and downspouts as needed.
- Remove any debris.
- Remove any water stains from the stucco with a mild bleaching agent.
- Wash all windows inside and outside.
- If you have a backyard, prepare it in the same manner and as needed.
Interior Home Preparation
- Repair any cracks or holes in the walls.
- Touch-up paint, or repaint if needed (especially if your current colors are too loud or offbeat), and opt for white or light pastels (as they are the most universally pleasing and will make your rooms look larger).
- Clean, repair, and touch-up the doors and windows. Repair or replace all torn screens.
- Lubricate squeaking doors, windows, and cabinets.
- Carpeting should be in good condition and cleaned. Repair and/or polish the wood flooring.
- Replace any malfunctioning lights, outlets and other electrical.
- Clean the hearth in your fireplace, make sure the screen/door and all tile is in good condition.
- De-clutter your place and pre-pack as much as possible.
- Add a few colorful plants to help liven up and add color to your home.
Kitchen – the most focal point of the house for many buyers
- Clean and wax the kitchen floor, or consider replacing the flooring.
- Clean fans and vent hoods.
- Keep the counters clean and clear of things.
- Make sure appliances are clean and working.
- Inspect all cabinet doors.
- Repair kitchen sink plumbing if needed and replace the faucet if old or leaking.
- Remove stains from sinks, toilets, and bathtubs.
- Replace caulking around bathtub and sinks.
- Repair or replace old or leaky faucets.
- Unclog and sanitize drains.
- De-clutter, organize and clean the garage (a garage sale may be a good idea).
- Pre-pack, box and store your belongings in the garage until you move.
- Remove stains from the garage floor with degreasers
Basements And Attics
- If the basement or attic is a functioning part of the house, make sure the area is clean, safe, and functional.
It’s crucial for your home renovations Lancaster PA to be done efficiently, on time and without breaking your bank, so make sure to contract the right company or handyman.
For your home remodeling Lancaster PA, we can help get your home in top shape so it becomes desirable by a buyer who wants to make it his or her own.
At Home One, we bring our expertise, ethics, and reliability to every single project we do, whether you’re just moving in, want to revamp your old place, or need to spruce up your house for sale.
For all home renovations Lancaster PA, turn to our highly trained and dependable team at Home One Services, and give your home the best chance to sell quickly!
Trust home remodeling Lancaster, PA services we offer at Home One – contact us for Free In-Home or Phone Consultations today, and see why so many others in the area have relied on our home improvement solutions.